On this #thinking episode we go inside addiction with Glenn Livingston, Ph.D. author of the book Never Binge Again™. Disillusioned by what traditional psychology had to offer overweight and/or food obsessed individuals, Dr. Livingston spent several decades researching the nature of bingeing and overeating via work with his own patients AND a self-funded research programme with more than 40,000 participants. Most important, however, is his own personal journey out of obesity and food prison to a normal, healthy weight and a much more lighthearted relationship with food.
After losing my mum, Lisa, to drugs at the age of 10, I went from an emotionally dead, drug-addict to a fulfilled, recovery counsellor. I now run Lisa Inside Addiction that provides online recovery programs to hold the light down the tunnel of darkness. Helping people stuck at the level of consciousness of addiction to become the best version of themselves, ensuring fewer people lose their lives to drugs and alcohol as his mum did.
- I Discovered My Gift To The World Was The Very Thing I Was Hiding From July 15, 2017
- What Is Person-Centered Therapy April 20, 2020
- The True Rags to Riches Story with Dr Robb Kelly November 20, 2020
- They did it together – The Sober Experiment with Alex and Lisa November 13, 2020
- The Surprising Magic of a Sober Life with Laura McKowen October 24, 2020